Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's Tuesday!
Another beautiful day to serve the Lord!

I wrote a small piece about our morning service on Sunday, and after reading my sis-in-laws blog, remembered the Serenity Prayer.....I have seen this prayer posted in many different places over the years, the most common places that I remember seeing this prayer posted was on teachers desk throughout school! Sometimes in life you don't really pay attention to things until you've gone through something and hear that same thing one more time and it pops out to you!
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
(Although known most widely in its abbreviated form above, the entire prayer reads as follows:)
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did,
this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next. Amen.
(thanks Brit)
See full size image

No comments:

Post a Comment