Thursday, June 17, 2010

I can’t believe it…I missed a day of blogging. I was home sick yesterday and just didn’t have the energy. I have to say it is a beautiful morning. I love to see “Big Bright Blue Skies.”

I was reading Sis. Kathy Mcelhaney’s blog and loved the post she put yesterday…..for those of you who do not make your way around the blog world you can read it below. How true it is, your Pastor feels the shaking of every situation, whether good or bad.

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2010

Shaking At the Top

Les and I have been in San Diego for a couple of days. He's working and I just tagged along. Our room is on the 10th of 11 floors. The view is pretty unspectacular- the freeway. It's really just your average room, king size bed, a little desk, typical hotel closet and bathroom. We were fine with it since it's clean (my number #1 criteria!) I wasn't so sure how I felt Monday evening when a 5.9 earthquake hit!

I've been in larger earthquakes in my day, but I've never been on the 10th floor during one! It seemed our room shook forever. I was reading on the bed and the lamp swayed, and continued to sway!

We often hear of those "at the top" taking a fall. Whether it is a politician, CEO, or pastor, their fall seems greater because they are higher up. But a true man of God feels the shaking that is going on below. When a marriage falls apart or a child is gravely ill, the pastor feels the shaking. If a family leaves the church or a teenager rebels against all he has tried to teach them, the pastor feels the shaking.

We may only see or feel our needs or those of our family, but a pastor feels the shaking of an entire congregation. When the earth beneath our feet has settled, the reverberations of our actions may cause shaking that lasts much longer.

Thankfully when we are praying, the pastor also feels that shaking! When the youth group comes home from camp on fire, the pastor rejoices with the shaking! When new saints are born into the kingdom, the pastor feels the shaking!

What kind of shaking are you causing today?

Being Fathers Day is just around the corner, I want to say Thanks again Dad & Pastor for being the greatest Father, and the greatest example. You have truly been faithful! I am so thankful that I not only am your daughter but you are my Pastor. I wish I could sincerely express my appreciation for you and mom and the gratitude I have for your consistent stand for holiness, righteousness and separation. Thanks for preaching the word and please never let go of the old paths!

Last night my Pastor which is my father preached an awesome message on dealing with situations. Text came from Acts 7, regarding Stephen being stoned and him turning the situation (his spirit) over to God. Asking God to forgive those persecuting him.

When, Why & How do we deal with situations when they come our way? God has given us everything we need to make it through the storms of life, if we are full of the Holy Ghost, there is nothing that we can’t make it through. God will open the windows of Heaven and give us Peace and the Assurance we need to stand no matter how hard the wind blows.

God heard Stephen’s cry, God gave Stephen a peace, and assurance, but he didn’t change the situation. Sometimes God allows us to go through situations, to increase our trust in Him, to lean on Him. He may choose to deliver us at times from our situations, but other times he may leave us where we are and give us a peace that passes all understanding and an Assurance that everything will be ok.

Our attitude, determines our altitude!

Jimmy Dean – “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”

God gives us exactly what we need to make it through everyday!

I’m thankful to know a God that knows exactly where we are and what we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment