Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Grandparents are wonderful………

I have many fond memories of spending time with both sets of my grandparents. And I am very fortunate that my daughter has great grandparents!!! She loves her Noni & Poppy, and her Papaw & Nana very much!

Even though both sides of my grandparents are states away, they are very close to my heart! I love to see them every chance I get and reminisce of times past.

My maternal grandparents have always lived in Oklahoma, well as far back as I can remember, so visits with them were not as often as we would have liked but when those opportunities came we loved every minute we had. I have memories of fishing in their pond, walking the property, going to the dump, cleaning out the cellar, sitting in the cellar, swinging on the swing, walking to the mailbox, sitting under the willow tree, mowing with the riding lawn mower, crafting, cooking, singing as Granny played the piano, going to Dollar General and many many other memories. Thanks Gramps & Granny for all the wonderful memories from my childhood and the special times we had together. I wish you still lived in Asher at times, I loved the peacefulness of being out in the boondocks! I would love to be able to take Alana back to that place and her be able to have the memories I have from that wonderful time.

My paternal grandparents known as Papa & Nana, lived in Rialto, CA until just a few years ago. So visits with them were more often, time spent at their house was always fun and special. Nana always took us with her to do her “grocery shopping” wow, we would fill and line up 5 or more baskets in one trip…. No joke. The reason for this, my Nana owned “Horizon Homes” these were homes for girls & boys and adults that needed full time care. So when we went grocery shopping, we went and bought groceries for every home…these trips were to Stater Bros. We were always allowed to pick out the newest Archie comics on these trips. After shopping, we would visit every home and fill the cabinets and refrigerator with all the freshly bought groceries. Other memories I have from Nana’s, being she owned her own business, she had an office out in the “big room”….Nana’s house was huge, so we had names for the different area’s of the house. This office was awesome, a telephone, typewriter, notepads, message pads, stamps, deposit books, oh wow, a little girl’s perfect play spot. Especially when your cousin was present, we would have a time playing office. I have many memories from Nana Hale’s. I remember leaving the light on for Papa, he would get home from work in the wee hours of the morning, memories, of playing on the hill, helping Nana clean, reading comics, playing Nintendo. So many memories…. Although my Papa has passed on, Thank You Papa & Thank you Nana for a memory bank full of wonderful memories. I could go on and on.

I am so thankful for the family God has blessed us with! I am fortunate to have such wonderful grandparents. Unfortunately my Papa Hale passed away 1 year ago, June 15th, 2009. I know he is in a much better place and one day I will see him again on the other side!

I am very thankful for the example my grandparents have been. Thank you for raising your children in the fear of God. Thank you for instilling Quality Moral and Characteristics in them. My parents are a reflection of what their parents are and have been. Two individuals of integrity.

I love you Gramps & Granny !

I love you Nana!

Now I have the joy of watching Alana and be apart of the memories she is making with her grandparents...thank God her grandparents love & live for God! Thank you both Mom & Dad's for being that example to her and loving her!


No comments:

Post a Comment