Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Last night I was reading in the book of Joshua and these scriptures really stuck out to me in chapter 2,

10For we have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red sea for you, when ye came out of Egypt; and what ye did unto the two kings of the Amorites, that were on the other side Jordan, Sihon and Og, whom ye utterly destroyed.

11And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath.

When I finished reading, I began to express my thoughts out loud to my husband………….and here they are.

The people of Jericho HEARD the testimony of the wonders the Lord had performed for the children of Israel, the mighty miracles he performed in setting them free and delivering them out of the hand of the enemy.

I began to think their God, He is MY GOD, He is the SAME, YESTERDAY (in the Bible Days) as He is TODAY, and He will be that same God TOMORROW.

The same God!!! I knew that before, but it was like a light came on, the same God that delivered them, is the same God I serve today, and what he did then, he can do now. NO matter the situation, no matter the circumstance, He is able and willing and desirous to perform on our behalf.

As I think of those around me, co-workers, neighbors, friends and family….who has heard what the Lord has done?

I am amazed at the number of individuals who DO NOT KNOW the examples from the bible, growing up I thought everyone had to know the stories I knew, but I am amazed at the number that don’t, tell them your story, your testimony of what God has done for you and where God has brought you from.

When we serve the One True Living God, with all of our heart, mind, soul & strength, the enemy melts, and his courage (if he has any) diminishes because he knows that my God is God in heaven above, and in the earth beneath and in my soul today!

Don’t limit God and his abilities. For what he did back then, he can truly do it again!!!!

The old song says.......

He'll do it again, oh yes

He'll do it again

Just take a look, at where you are now, and where you've been

Hasn't He always come through, for you, He's the same now as then........

You may not know how, you may not know when,

He'll do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment